April was a very full, hectic and stressful month. I missed my very first photo of the year (I was soo upset). Considering what was going on at the time, though, I’m not too surprised I was a little distracted. Oh well…
Here are a few highlights:
The boy and I are in the process of purchasing our first house…to say that I’m excited would be an understatement….to say that I’m obsessing about how we’re going to decorate it would be a monumental underestimation of my capacity to become completely, compulsively and continuously preoccupied with a particular subject.
Last Wednesday I wished that all of the jumbled up decorating ideas floating around in my head would actually come together at some point…during my few days of hibernation this weekend, I started creating mood boards to help in that process.
Today I’m sharing my ideas for the living room:
1. Hanging world map – I’ve already got this beauty! It was a gift from my mother-in-law after she discovered how much I love maps.
2. A tribute to my favourite film “Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain” – two Michael Sowa prints. To find: a couple of thrifted frames to protect them.
3. Desired paint colour: Behr’s Cucumber Crush
4. My blue IKEA couch (with a scan of the fabric swatch). To find: Pretty doilies to stitch on to one arm to camouflage my cats’ handiwork.
5. Persian-type rug…inherited by the boy ages ago from (ummm…) someone (!).
6. Stacked vintage suitcases (to hide/store blankets, unused video/gaming cables and paraphernalia, etc)…I have my eye on a few that my mom currently has in the barn back home.
7. My big-ticket item for the room…an arc floor lamp to put behind the corner of the couch, and arc over the coffee table (which we’ve already got, and is boring, and so not included in my mood board!).
What do you think? Does it have potential? Or am I headed for disaster? Any other ideas I could incorporate?
Courtesy of design consultancy firm Pentagram, you can find out what type best fits your personality based on just four questions – asked by a video shrink (complete with Austrian accent) – in What type are you?
Don’t answer the questions too quickly, though…wait a little bit to see how fidgety your shrink gets while you ponder your answer!
I first caught wind of Bright Wishes’ Wednesday Wishes elsewhere, and thought it was a super cute idea…so I figured I’d jump on board, especially since I need a few wishes to come true today now more than ever.
You see, right about this very moment (as I’m typing), I was supposed to be at the airport, checked in, and waiting in the business class lounge for my business class flight (I’m not rich, or a snob…I was just really excited to fly business using my reward miles) to the beautiful Tuscan countryside in Italy. Except I’m not. I’m at home, sitting on my couch NOT going to Italy….the whole trip had to be canceled at the last minute. So while I’m trying not to get charged bogus cancellation fees, here are a few things I’m wishing for this Wednesday, April 20, 2011:
1. Health. I’m not going to get into details, but I wish (with all my heart) for a clean (or at least a tidied up) bill of health, especially for those I care about most.
2. Vacation. I was so looking forward to going away, relaxing and generally just escaping real life for a few weeks. Waking up this morning and taking things out of my ready-to-go suitcase was kind of like a cruel joke. We need to re-book our canceled flights asap so as not to lose them…so I’m wishing that we can plan and book an even better vacation that’ll leave our canceled trip a distant memory. And soon!
3. Interior design savvy. Since I need to stay positive, I’m trying to think happy thoughts about our new house, and how I’m going to put our mark on it, and make it a home. So I’m wishing for a little interior design inspiration to ensure that all of those bungled up ideas that look great in my head will come together once we take possession and look great in reality, too… [ source ].
4. Boxes. Yeah, we left a bunch of stuff packed when we moved to the temporary apartment, but we’ve gone and accumulated more stuff. Or else our stuff is just less organized. I’m not sure which, truthfully. But what I *do* know is that additional boxes might come in handy. So I wish for good, sturdy, moving boxes.
5. Spring temperatures. To stay. I can put up with the rain, but a high of only 1º Celsius today? On April 20? Are you kidding me?! I wish for seasonal temperatures and seasonal precipitation…no more of these almost freezing days with the risk of snow. Please.
And I think that just about wraps it up! What are you wishing for this Wednesday?
The last couple of weeks or so have been an absolute flurry of stress and activity…studying for exams, taking exams, making offers and counter-offers on a house, getting a mortgage approval with one bank…ditching them and going with another one. It’s been hectic, to say the least.
Which is why I’m a little late thanking the wonderful Deja from Atomic Chic! for bestowing upon me the I Love This Blog award! Thank you so much Deja! Please check out Deja’s blog, if you haven’t already – she’s got great taste, great fashion, and great inspiration!
As the recipient of this honour, however, I now have certain responsibilities. There are rules if you’re tagged with the I Love This Blog award, and they are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 random bits about yourself
3. Pass the award on to a few of your favourite blogs
(And don’t forget to let them know!)
So, without further ado, I love the following blogs/tumblrs:
And now for a few random bits about me…
Were those random enough? Hope so…and I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me! I had fun trying to decide what to share, and putting it all together.
….and finally, here are some of my favourite photos from March:
Phew! I’m all caught up!
[ Can you believe I already can't wait to compile April and May's highlights? I have no idea what sort of photos I'll end up with, but I know a bunch of 'em will be in ITALY! Can't wait!! ]
UPDATE: Blast it….I’m going to have to wait. The trip’s been canceled…I guess my fantastic photo-a-day vacation shots are just going to have to wait.